Master of Arts: Communication, Culture, & Technology
Areas of Focus: Networks and Development; Educational Technology; Human Computer Interaction; Infrastructure Studies; Fundamentals of Technology; Cultural Economics; Visual Culture; Science & Technology Studies; Communication Networks
Thesis: Fractured Consent: Public Participation in Environmental Complexity
The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies
Summer program on WTO, International Trade and Development
Louisiana Tech University
Bachelor of Arts: Political Science
Recipient of TOPS scholarship award of full tuition for 4 years; LA Tech Society for Honor’s Scholars; Outstanding Student Scholarship of $2000/year
Learning solution ideation and implementation, creative strategy, user experience design, communication strategy development, project management, instructional and curriculum design, web development, research, design, prototype, and publish courses
Experience Design Consultant
Ed Tech Lens
February 2014-July 2014
Collaborated with photographers and educators to address needs of the client; Designed and administered a science theme-based curriculum package for K-5 units; Managed individual priorities as a freelance consultant
Communications and Multimedia Specialist
Medical Education Partnership Initiative (MEPI)
January 2013-July 2013
Communication strategy development; Participation analytics; Graphic and UX design; Web content management; Content and blog curation
Instructional Designer & Research Assistant
Georgetown University, Center for New Designs in Learning & Scholarship
January 2012-September 2013
Communication strategy, curriculum design, instructional workshops, led pre- and post-intervention surveys and focus groups, design team coordination, learning solution ideation and implementation, research on formal credentialing, social learning analytics, and integrative learning
August 2011-June 2013
Managed 25+ peer reviewers for higher education bi-annual peer-reviewed journal, graphic and UX design, web content management, content and blog curation, event planning, mentored and supervised staff of 20 for production of the journal, blog, and multimedia projects, search engine optimization
Administration and Communications Office
Communication, Culture, Technology Department, Georgetown University
August 2011-August 2012
Social media strategy, graphic and UX design, event planning for community engagement and networking opportunities, vendor relations management, curriculum re-design for study abroad program in Geneva, Switzerland
August 2009-August 2010
Event planning for key broker-dealers and stakeholders, web content and publication design, marketing strategy, content development
Teaching & Research Assistant
January 2012-September 2013
- Teaching assistant for Cyberlearning and Fundamentals of Technology course.
- Research on learning analytics, discourse mapping, and ethical reasoning.
- Research on metacognition and reflective sensemaking.
- Research on research methodologies for studying international medical education.
Louisiana Tech University
August 2012-February 2013
- Teaching assistant for a graduate level Political Philosophy course.
- Research on civic engagement and rhetoric.
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
- Published in Open Learning and Formal Credentialing in Higher Education: Curriculum Models and Institutional Policies.
- Published Improving Teacher Effectiveness: Designing Better Assessment Tools in Learning Management Systems, Future Internet.
- Forthcoming publication: Elusive Learning–Using Learning Analytics to Support Reflective Sensemaking of Ill-Structured Ethical Problems
- Published Fractured Content: Public Participation in Environmental Complexity.
- Presented research at the Learning Analytics and Knowledge Conference, 2013 in Leuven, Belgium.
- Presented paper at the Community Imperatives English Conference, 2013 at Georgetown University.
- Published in the International Association for Development of the Information Society (IADIS) eLearning Conference, 2014.
- Presented “Enabling Metacognition through Project Based Learning” at the Online Learning Consortium 2015, Orlando, FL
- Presented “Metacognition in a Technologically-Enhanced Environment” at EDUCAUSE 2015, Indianapolis, IN
- Presented “Virtual Learning Environment and Informal Learning” at NJEDGE in Princeton, NJ.
- Forthcoming presentation at the On Sustainability conference in Portland, Oregon.
- Founded the Teaching and Learning Knowledge (TaLK) taskforce at Stevens Institute of Technology.
- Co-organizer for NSF Science of Learning conferences at Georgetown University.
- Member of the Chicago Council on Global Affairs.
- Member of Georgetown Women in International Affairs.
- Member of International Relations Club at Georgetown.
- Member of the Editorial Board of Georgetown’s gnovis
- Member of the Educational Learning Initiative EDUCAUSE.
- Member of the Northeast Regional Computing Program (NERCOMP).
- Political Science Columnist for the Ruston Daily Leader.
CSS Fundemantals, Lynda.com License EB9D94
The Neuroscience of Learning, Lynda.com License 257CE7
UX Design Techniques, Lynda.com License D7A6F2
Instructional Design Essentials, Lynda.com License E463EE
COMMUNICATION & DESIGN
HTML; CSS; Adobe Connect; WebEx; Adobe Creative Suite; Adobe Captivate; Articulate Storyline; Elluminate Live/Blackboard Collaborate; Wimba Classroom; Camtasia; Microsoft Office Suite; Final Cut; Google Sites; WordPress; Drupal; Joomla!; both PC and Mac interfaces.
MANAGEMENT & ORGANIZATION
SCT Luminus Plus; Banner; Oracle; Project management with interdisciplinary teams; Organized annual NSF conferences; Led weekly staff meeting; Managed budget for government grants and an online academic journal; Project management tools such as Basecamp, Asana, Evernote, Dropbox, and Creative Pro Office; Learning management systems such as Moodle, Instructure Canvas, and Blackboard.
MailChimp; Web 2.0 tools such as wikis, blogs, and podcasts; Tumblr; Facebook; Twitter; Vine; YouTube; Vimeo; LinkedIn; Crowd Convergence; LiveTweetApp.
SPSS; Nvivo; Dedoose; Google Analytics; Omniture SiteCatalyst; SNAPP; Cohere; debategraph.